The IDC Staff Instructor course prepares candidates to teach the PADI Assistant Instructor course and to staff PADI Instructor Development programs.
During the IDC Staff Instructor Course you will be taught the procedures for evaluating IDC Candidates and you will be tested for grading consistency. This will develop your skills to the standards necessary to assist Course Directors with the training of new Instructors and it will also give you a fresh outlook on teaching all levels of courses. Only IDC Staff Instructors or higher can teach and certify Assistant Instructors.
The training furthers your teaching abilities and develops your evaluation and counseling skills through independent study, classroom sessions, guided evaluation training and an internship.
To successfully complete the IDC Staff Course you must meet the following Performance Requirements:
– Score 80% on each of the Dive Theory Exams;
– Score 80% on the PADI Systems, Standards & Procedures Exam
– Perform all 20 dive skills in the Skill Evaluation, scoring 80 total points, with no individual score below 3.
– Score at least 4.0 on a knowledge development teaching presentation.
– Score at least 4.0 on a confined water teaching presentation.
– Attend the four IDC Staff Instructor Course Knowledge Development sessions.
– Meet evaluation scoring parameters:
a. Match the control score on four out of six knowledge development evaluation criteria sections for two out of three teaching presentations.
b. Match the control score on three out of the five confined water evaluation criteria sections for two out for three teaching presentations.
c. Match the control score on three out of the five open water evaluation criteria sections for two out of three teaching presentations.
– Audit a complete IDC by observing all required IDC curriculum sections OR present all components from the Assistant Instructor course, scoring at least a 3.5 on each presentation.